This is interesting reading as I'd like to think the numeric keypad would be default standard issue, even though, as a left hander, i'd probably never use it. They'd need to have a lhd keypad for me, and the other 25% of the population, or one that unplugs from rhs and plugs into lhs, using an usb connector clip (or is there such a beastie now?)

Reg

On 21/04/2010, at 11:31 AM, Crisp, Peter wrote:

Thanks for all this. I think I would sooner have wireless keyboard than
a numeric pad with a USB wired keyboard.

Regards

Peter...
-----Original Message-----
From: wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au [mailto:wamug-ow...@wamug.org.au] On
Behalf Of Neil Houghton
Sent: Wednesday, 21 April 2010 9:38 AM
To: WAMUG
Subject: Re: Mouse battery level indicator stays on 61%

Hi Peter,

Yes, I mentioned to Peter (Crisp) that changing the keyboard makes it a
special order (same as extra RAM or whatever) - I wanted the i7
processor so
it was a special order anyway for me - so changing the keyboard didn't
add
to the delivery time - which was longer when I placed the order (Apple's
Friday Nov 27 one-day-sale) as the new iMacs were just released.

I guess I ordered mine direct from the Apple store, so I didn't have a
problem remembering to order what I wanted ;o)

If a special order adds 2 weeks or more to your delivery time, it sounds
like Apple doesn't make it easy for you as a reseller - on the Apple
store
website, changing the configuration currently changes the delivery from
"Estimated Ship: Within 24hrs" to "Estimated Ship: 2-4 business days"

As I say, delivery was longer for me back then - but Apple shipped it to
me
direct from China and I still got it much quicker than a friend who
placed
his order with a local reseller - he was happy with that though, because
he
wanted the personal service, advice and setup that the reseller
provided.

I do remember thinking that it was strange that Apple kept their
reseller
waiting longer than their direct customers - you guys must have a real
love/hate relationship with Apple ;o)

Me too - I love the look and feel of the wireless keyboard and hate that
Apple don't do a wireless numeric keyboard!

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton