Hi Mike,

Thanks. I agree with you about the inconvenience and ongoing cost of owning an
Epson Printer.
I have always used and recommended Epson Printers, they have never given me any
problems.
It's only since I've gone to Multi-Function and Wireless Network printers that
I've noticed heavy ink consumption and this stupid Ink Pad replacement issue.
It's the only fault these printers have.

I looked into re-routing the overflow ink tubes and even printed out a heap of
details (more ink consumption :-)on how to do it, but, I'm hesitant to try.  I
have vivid memories of long ago when I tried re-filling ink cartridges … it was
not a pretty sight to see ;-)
When you mention '"relatively simple process" I start to get nervous, then
"drill a hole" … now I'm really nervous. I don't know if it's because I'm left
handed, but I've never been able to drill a hole straight or hammer a nail in
straight.

Thanks again.