Thanks Ronni & Daniel,

I was aware of dot mac/mobile me change and have tried every variation of the
URL removing the dot mac reference that I could think of without success,.
Looking through the support pages I can only find references to using iWeb
which I don't have a problem with, where I'm stuck is with linking to external
pages from iWeb.  Initially the link was
http://homepage.mac.com/adrianskehan/Sites/skehan/index.htm  which opened up
the Genealogy site.

Incase I have muddled my explanation in my earlier messages the following may
be a bit clearer; my domain name "skehan.id.au" is hosted on MobileMe, in iWeb
my home page/site name is "skehan" when I make any changes I just use the
publish button and it goes to my domain name site. I have added a page with
some screen shots showing where the subject files are kept.

The question now is;  Do I have the genealogy files in the correct place? and
what might the correct path/URL be to access them?

One other thing I do find strange is that it doesn't matter which page I go to
on my site it always has the same URL http://www.skehan.id.au/.

Regards,

Adrian

adrianske...@me.com

On 23/05/2010, at 11:41 AM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> [...]
>      http://web.mac.com/[YourMemberName]
>
> You may want to set up links on your HomePage sites to go to your iWeb sites,
> and vice versa.
>
> On your iDisk, your HomePage sites are in the Sites folder.
> Your iWeb sites are located in the Sites folder in the Web folder.
>
> You can’t use iWeb to edit HomePage sites.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>

> On 23/05/2010, at 10:44 AM, Daniel Kerr wrote:
>

>> Hi Adrian
>>
>> You can view "homepage" sites but you can't modify them anymore, as Apple
>> discontinued the use of "homepage". It's handled differently in
>> MobileMe/iWeb/me.com
>>
>> Have a look here:-
>> <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2049>
>>
>> Hope that was what you were meaning on my quick read of it,..
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Daniel
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> ---
>> Daniel Kerr
>> MacWizardry
>>
>> Phone: 0414 795 960
>> Email: <daniel @ macwizardry . com . au>
>> Web:   <http://www.macwizardry.com.au>
>>

>> **For everything Macintosh**
>>

>> On 23/5/10 10:29 AM, "Adrian Skehan" <adrianske...@me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning all,
>>>
>>> For the last couple of days I  have been trying to update one of my 2 family
>>> history file on my web site at "skehan.id.au" but have encountered a bit of
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> The site is hosted on MobileMe.
>>>
>>> Web pages using  iWeb 09 v3.0.1
>>>
>>> Family history files using Reunion v9.0b
>>>
>>> Reunion Folders with enclosed files are located:  MobileMe >  iDisk > Home
>>> (iDisk) > Sites > skehan and noonan, these folders are linked by an External
>>> Page link on my iWeb pages.
>>>
>>> The link to these pages is:
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/adrianskehan/Sites/skehan/index.htm (Note: if I
>>> change
>>> the mac.com part of the URL to me.com or mobileme.com it wont work at all)
>>>
>>> The Reunion files are uploaded via the MobileMe upload button.
>>>
>>> iWeb Folders with enclosed files are located:  MobileMe >  iDisk > Home
>>> (iDisk) > Web > Sites > skehan
>>>
>>> For the last few years everything has worked perfectly but the update to my
>>> Reunion files in the above skehan folder has resulted in the following error
>>> message:
>>>
>>> This page contains the following errors:
>>> error on line 12 at column 14: AttValue: " or ' expected
>>> Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
>>>
>>> Accessing the page via FireFox gets a different error:
>>>
>>> You have chosen to open index.htm which is a: Binary File from http://
>>> homepage.mac.com would you like to save this file?
>>>
>>> If I click Yes it downloads a Safari page that opens up the index page with
>>> all the information (links etc.) but minus the graphics (Pictures and icons
>>> for phone # etc.)
>>>
>>> If I change the "index.htm" in the linking URL from:
>>> idx001.htm I get the same error, however if I change it to any of the other