On 13/06/2010, at 6:32 PM, Merv Bond wrote:

> My wife has an iBook G4, OSX10.4.11
> At present she can access the Epson Stylus Office TX600FW for printing and
> scanning. However, I wish to also access my old Epson Perfection 1260 Photo
> scanner from the iBook.
> 1     Can I get the TX scanner software to talk to the 1260 scanner?
> 2     If not, am I able to install the 1260 scanner's driver on the iBook
> without causing a major set of conflict disasters?
>
> I have tried using Image Capture on the iBook and it works fine but when
> scanning text the jpeg option is greyed out and I would like to be able to
> use FineReader to convert to word processing text. I know the TX will do all
> these things but I wish to take the laptop and the 1260 scanner to another
> location to demonstrate some basic scanning procedures.

The 1260 drivers are listed as being compatible with 10.4.x

<http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14553&prodoid=21643923&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh>

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 064 948