My wife has an iBook G4, OSX10.4.11
At present she can access the Epson Stylus Office TX600FW for printing and scanning. However, I wish to also access my old Epson Perfection 1260 Photo scanner from the iBook.
1       Can I get the TX scanner software to talk to the 1260 scanner?
2 If not, am I able to install the 1260 scanner's driver on the iBook without causing a major set of conflict disasters?

I have tried using Image Capture on the iBook and it works fine but when scanning text the jpeg option is greyed out and I would like to be able to use FineReader to convert to word processing text. I know the TX will do all these things but I wish to take the laptop and the 1260 scanner to another location to demonstrate some basic scanning procedures.

Any thoughts please?
Merv
--
"Education without values and knowledge without ethics is a false education."