Very true, us country folk always have to consider postage costs for these
things.

Perth folk can always just walk into one of Jaycars 4 WA stores:

<http://www.jaycar.com.au/stores.asp?State=Western%20Australia#Western%20Aus
tralia>

And I do see that Jaycar list 10 Authorised stockists around the state -
though they do say:

> As privately owned businesses in rural parts of Australia and Overseas, our
> Authorised Stockists are subject to extra costs such as freight, etc, and we
> therefore cannot guarantee they will have the same prices, trading conditions
> or product specials as Jaycar. It's wise therefore, to check price &
> availability before you make a special trip.

I must admit I was astounded at the range of prices hdmi cables seem to sell
at when I bought one a while back (on a trip to Perth). Jaycar were not
offering this item/price then but I think I got a cable for around the
$12-$14 mark - but saw them at prices well into 3 figures at some audio/tv
outlets!!

Cheers

Neil
--