Hi Alex,

You will find most/many ISPs block what is called "Port 25" which is the port
used to send e-mail.
They are doing this to cut down on the amount of spam that is sent from their
networks.

All e-mail sent via the Internet is routed through the port 25, the channel
used for communication between an e-mail client and an e-mail server.
Even though port 25 blocking will probably become an industry standard,
however, the filter can create problems for e-mail servers and block legitimate
e-mail as well as spam.

Port 25 blocking allows ISPs to block spam sent out through their networks, but
it tends to punish the innocent that have a need to send through e-mail servers
other than those belonging to their ISP. The ISPs that block port 25 require
their SMTP server to be used instead of the remote SMTP server or a SMTP server
running on your computer.