Hi Alex, Because I've used different providers at home and at work, plus on
mobile phones, I've always taken it for granted that using POP email means I
have to change the outgoing server address for suit the current ISP. On my
iPhone its Telstra, but when I used a 3 phone I had to use their outgoing
server as well. I don't know what the current situation is, but it makes sense
to me to have to change the outgoing server depending on the network, even
though the incoming mail always comes from iinet.

Of course, my mobile me account is IMAP, so a different story.

And iinet also allow me to to set up an IMAP account, so if it bothered me, I
would do that instead of POP.

cheers, Susan.