I agree with Susan wholeheartedly ;-)

I find since having a 64GB Wi-Fi +3G Model iPad, that I'm leaving my 17"
MacBook Pro home more now ...
With Kindle, Amazon App, & Borders App on the iPad I have everything I need.

Read a book, read my Tutorials, eBooks, listen to music, look at photos, check
email, surf the web … do some work if I have to ;-)
Reading in bed, on a train or aeroplane is great with the iPad. I find it
easier to read a book on the iPad than holding and turning pages in a 'real
book' especially hard cover books.

Of course if you don't want, or need, the capabilities of an iPad, a Kindle is
your better option I guess.