Hidden SSID does not work with iPhone 3G.
Utilise WPA2 with a strong password, from memory I think 192 characters can be
used, but I would go with minimum of 32 possibly adding some symbols also with
of course upper lower case using zero not O easier when adding to
phone/appliance.

Hiding your WiFi SSID is a waste of time and resources for your AP:
1: It takes no time to find hidden networks, just check your appliance when
probing for networks.
2: It adds extra resources to your WiFi network actually slowing it down.
3: Automatically connecting to a network with a hidden SSID is a bad idea, see
follow up post.

Cheers!
RobD....