Neil,

Here is my current experience with my EyeTV hybrid:

1  My EyeTV Hybrid's tuner is An Xceive XC3028 1,0 2,7; quite an old one. It
shows up in System Profiler as WinTV HVR-900.

2 My Hybrid receives well when I connect it to my PacPro5,1 under MacOS 10.6.5,
regardless of whether I'm using EyeTV 2.5.3 or EyeTV 3.4.3. In Fremantle I'm
receiving channels 6, 8, 11, 12, 29 and 32. These digital frequencies contain a
total of 16 TV substreams and 4 radio substreams; which is every substream
available in the Perth area.

2 The same Hybrid receives all of the channels and their substreams when I
connect it to my MacMini1,1 under MacOS 10.4.11, but only when using EyeTV
2.5.3. I have discovered that EyeTV 3.4.3 will only run under MacOS 10.5.8 or
later, so am currently updating the MacMini to MacOS 10.5.8.

From the above it seems that your Hybrid should work on your i7 iMac,
regardless of whether you're using EyeTV 2.5.3 or EyeTV 3.4.3, because you are
using MacOS 10.5.8 or better as specified for EyeTV 3.4.3. This indicates some
other problem. Have fun finding it.

As far as schedules are concerned, I'm quite happy with the DVB schedule that
the EyeTV app supplies. It's free and up-to-date and generally gives me the
programs for the next 7 days, except for WestTV, who issue patchy information.
If, however, you want a TV schedule on your iPhone, or for more that a week
ahead, then an Ice TV subscription is the way to go.

On 23/11/2010, at 7:01 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't subscribe to the paid IceTV service because, at present, I'm not
> recording TV.
>
> My Elgato EyeTV Hybrid refuses to work with my i7 iMac running Snow leopard
> - doesn't even show up as a USB device in system profiler - even though it
> still works fine with the older core 2 duo iMac running Leopard.
>
> Can anyone shine any light on the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid/i7 iMac problem - I
> wondered if it was a USB power issue, but I've tried it in various USB
> sockets (both on the back of the iMac and on the keyboard) - though I don't
> currently have a powered external USB hub to try.
>
> Anyway, even though I'm not recording, I use the IceTV dashboard widget all
> the time to check what's on/about to start on TV and find it very
> convenient.
>
> Today, on one of IceTV's emails, I noticed that there was a free IceTV app:
> <http://www.icetv.com.au/about/iphone.shtml>
> I thought this looked pretty good but, when I went to the app store, I saw
> that of the 3956 reviews for the current version - 2304 of them had given it
> the minimum one star rating. I know the whingers are often more vocal than
> the satisfied users - but this does seem an unusually high proportion!!
>
> So, I thought I'd see how many WAMUG list members use this app and would
> like to express their love/hate experiences with it ;o)
>

> TIA
>

> Cheers
>

> Neil
> --