Neil,

I have today for the first time tested my EyeTV hybrid on my MacPro5,1 under
MacOS 10.6.5 using EyeTV 3.4.3 and it worked perfectly. I find that the DVB
program information broadcast by the TV stations themselves better than the
info sent by ICETV. Just set up the EyeTV software to collect the DVB program
data from the transmissions, and then at any time you can look at the program
guide, that you can make as comprehensive as you wish. Clicking on a program's
red button sets it ready for recording; simple!

You don't give any vital details such as the version of EyeTV software that you
are using, so I can't give you any useful advice about your problems with EyeTV
on the i7 iMac. I also have EyeTV 2.5.3 so, if necessary, can try that under
MacOS 10.6.5 when you have given me some more useful info.

My EyeTV Hybrid is now back on the MacMini1,1 under MacOS 10.4.1, with EyeTV
2.5.3, that runs the main TV setup in our house. Tomorrow it gets updated to
EyeTV 3.4.3. Hope it keeps working!

On 23/11/2010, at 7:01 PM, Neil Houghton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't subscribe to the paid IceTV service because, at present, I'm not
> recording TV.
>
> My Elgato EyeTV Hybrid refuses to work with my i7 iMac running Snow leopard
> - doesn't even show up as a USB device in system profiler - even though it
> still works fine with the older core 2 duo iMac running Leopard.
>
> Can anyone shine any light on the Elgato EyeTV Hybrid/i7 iMac problem - I
> wondered if it was a USB power issue, but I've tried it in various USB
> sockets (both on the back of the iMac and on the keyboard) - though I don't
> currently have a powered external USB hub to try.
>
> Anyway, even though I'm not recording, I use the IceTV dashboard widget all
> the time to check what's on/about to start on TV and find it very
> convenient.
>
> Today, on one of IceTV's emails, I noticed that there was a free IceTV app:
> <http://www.icetv.com.au/about/iphone.shtml>
> I thought this looked pretty good but, when I went to the app store, I saw
> that of the 3956 reviews for the current version - 2304 of them had given it
> the minimum one star rating. I know the whingers are often more vocal than
> the satisfied users - but this does seem an unusually high proportion!!
>
> So, I thought I'd see how many WAMUG list members use this app and would
> like to express their love/hate experiences with it ;o)
>

> TIA
>

> Cheers
>

> Neil
> --
> Neil R. Houghton
> Albany, Western Australia
> Tel: +61 8 9841 6063
> Email: n...@possumology.com

Regards,

Ray Forma
50 Harvest Road, North Fremantle WA 6159, Australia
Tel +61 (0)8 9335 6568
Mob +61 (0) 428 596938