On 14/12/2010, at 4:47 PM, Ronda Brown wrote:

> On 14/12/2010, at 4:09 PM, Pat wrote:
>

>> A few months ago I bought a Mac mini plus wireless keyboard and magic
>> trackpad to use mainly for recording TV programs.  I was very busy at the
>> time; everything seemed to work OK.  I was able to program TV shows and they
>> got recorded.
>>
>> Recently, I started wondering about the gestures that are supposed to be
>> used with the trackpad - they didn't work on mine.  When I looked at 'About
>> this Mac', the keyboard and trackpad were both listed in the Bluetooth
>> section.  When I look at System Preferences, it doesn't see the trackpad.  I
>> have tried restarting and searching for a trackpad, but the little 'wait'
>> wheel just keeps going around with no result.
>>
>> What can I do to introduce the trackpad to its preferences?
>
> Hi Pat,
>
> When you turn the Track Pad on does the green light start blinking?
> If not:
>
> When you turn it on, the green light goes on but it does not start blinking,
> and trackpad in system preferences can't find your trackpad.
> Hold down the 'on' button on the trackpad until the light starts to blink.
> This is a reset that forces the trackpad to 'unlink' with whatever it thinks
> it is linked to, and to make itself discoverable.
> Once the green light is blinking, just go to trackpad in system preferences
> and it will quickly discover your new device.
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni
>
> 17" MacBook Pro  Intel Core i7
> 2.66GHz / 8GB / 1067 MHz DDR3 / 500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200rpm
>
> OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard
> Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)

Hi again Pat,

I forgot to mention if you had installed the Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch
Trackpad Update 1.0?
Software Update should have shown it after you originally setup the Track Pad.
You can check by Opening Software Update > Preferences - click on "Installed
Software", scroll to find Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Update version 1.0

<http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1066>
Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0