To put briefly, if browsing, email, a bit of text editing and maybe
spreadsheets is the usage then there is no need for the fastest.
If your work involves multimedia editing, e.g. Aperture, Final Cut Pro,
Photoshop, iMovie, etc. then there is a benefit to be gained from additional
processor speed and L2 cache.

robin