Hello Ronni

Many thanks for your suggestions.

My Mail account change from POP3 to IMAP and also an upgrade from iPhoto 9 to
iPhoto 11 (on my iMac) was done by Daniel Kerr just prior to my travels about a
month ago - so I am sure it was correctly done.
(My husband has just switched from PC to iMac and I wanted our software
versions to be the same - hence the upgrade/installation - all done by Daniel).
My iPad account (IMAP) was set up at the Perth Apple Store.

I can send emails with photo attachments if I attach using the Photo Browser in
Mail and they appear in my Sent list in Mail.
When checking with recipients of mail with photo attachments sent directly from
iPhoto 11(a phone call to each) it appears that they are arriving - but I can't
find them listed in Sent Mail/Messages - either on Mail or on Webmail.
Emails on my iPad sent from Photos with 1 attachment indicated service was
denied by Optus - but the emails were received 10 days later!

One of the other problems is that in the Trash, (Webmail and Mail) individual
lines of email text are being listed as separate emails - hence overload for my
account with Optus and emails are either blocked, or held for some days before
being sent. Further discussions with Optus seems to suggest that I should
revert back to a POP3 account - both on my iMac and iPad.

I think this would be the easiest solution so will contact Dr Daniel to do the
"surgery'. It has all become too much for me!
I am off overseas again in a few weeks time so would like this sorted ASAP.

My thanks for your time. It is appreciated.

PS: I have just read some Forum feedback on iPhoto 11 and many people seem to
be having problems with email! Hopefully Apple will correct that soon - or
maybe we could all revert to iPhoto 09 that worked so well!.

Regards
Marlene Oostryck