Morning,
Cable connecting AP's.
WPA2 Personnel Shared Key with AES algorithms same for both AP's. SSID again
same for both machines, do not worry about hiding actually slows down network
whilst achieving nothing.
Different  IP address, but on same subnet. i.e 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 with
255.255.255.0 this you can play to determine how many IP's you require to
connect with AP's.
http://www.subnet-calculator.com/

WDS can be utilised  without cable connecting routers, but come with overheads
approximately half bandwidth.
Very simplified explanation, more information if required.
Cheers!
`RobD...