David
I have used Folders Synchroniser for this sort of thing for years. Not all that fancy but seems reliable and not expensive. www.softobe.com Alternatively SuperDuper may be more to your taste. www.shirt-pocket.com Don't let anyone scorn you for displaying "backup paranoia" I have five firewire drives on a firewire hub as well as two internal drives in my G5 which are used for backup and other functions for the G5 and MacBook including monthly creation of cloned bootable copies of both computers, hourly Time Machine backups on the G5 and a schedule of other selected backing up tasks of everything in sight. Some vital stuff is additionally saved to data DVDs This comes from my paranoia on this issue, engendered some years ago in the Physics Dept at UWA, when my spectrometer control DEC PDP machine and my desktop Mac had three disk crashes/writeoffs between them in the space of two weeks. I really felt someone was out to get me then. So stick with as much backing up as makes you happy and able to sleep at night.
Severin