Hi Ashley,

The question here was not so much what to use as a regular backup but how to
back-up the TM disk and still have the backup recognised by TM.

Yes CCC does pretty much the same thing as SuperDuper and both can do
³smart² updates ­ where the only thing that is updated is what has changed.

There are also other ways of ³synchronising² files/folders/drives.

The thing is ­ if you use SuperDuper (or CCC) to clone the TM drive, and
then keep it updated with ³smart² updates and then your ³main² TM drive dies
- will the cloned drive perform in the same way as the original did:
* will TM recognise the cloned TM drive as the TM drive
* will it be searchable as before for previous versions of a file
* will you be able to ³restore² a file using TM as before
* most importantly, for the first TM backup using the cloned drive, will it
continue to incrementally backup or will it treat it as a ³new² drive and do
a complete ³new² TM backup.

Cheers

Neil
--