Westnet has recently "upgraded" its invoicing system. It informed
subscribers of the change by sending out an email with subject heading "Your
Westnet Phone Invoice". The email starts with the salutation "Dear Valued
Member."

That is, of course, the generic indication that you are anything but.

Until this month, each month Westnet has emailed a tax invoice followed a
day or two later by a receipt.

Westnet now requires that customers log on to their account in order to view
their invoice and a day or so later view their receipt.

I don't know if all members have had the same difficulty I have had in
attempting to view my invoice and to view my receipt, but the invoices are
not available to be viewed. Nor are receipts.

Westnet's explanation is that:
1. Customers have a download limit.
2.  If invoices and receipts are sent out automatically by Westnet, that may
cause the down load limit to be exceeded.
3. Therefore, every customer must log-on and retrieve their account
information, and then download it.
4. When Westnet gets the new system working, customers will be able to view
invoices and receipts on-line.
The lack of logic is appalling.

Alternatively, Westnet/Iiinet's lack of technical expertise has been
exposed.

If receipt of an email from Westnet took the customer over the download
limit, why doesn't logging on and downloading the invoice have the same
effect?

The answer from Westnet is  that is because the download is within the "Free
zone".

So, why isn't an email plus attachment sent by Westnet to the customer
within the "Free zone"?

Why has Westnet/iinet inflicted a new system on "Valued Customers", before
making sure the system works?

Other questions are whether it is legal for Westnet/iinetl to use an
automatic payment system to pay itself before the customer receives an
invoice and has the opportunity to query it, and whether it is legal for
Westnet/iinet to pay itself and not send the customer an invoice.

Note the use of the word "send".

If this new system has been introduced to avoid the possibility of any
customer suffering an inconvenience because receipt of the invoice  and
receipt of the receipt has caused the customer to exceed a monthly down load
limit, how many more customers are inconvenienced by having to log on,
navigate their way to the relevant webpage, and then download for themselves
the invoice and tax receipt?

The answer is that every customer is inconvenienced by being required to log
on to (a) get the invoice and (b) log on again a few days later get the
receipt.

Can anyone suggest an internet service provider for whom a "Valued Memberr"
is in fact, valued?

Regards to all,

Michael Hawkins.