Hi Bill,

It can vary from printer to printer, but to give you the example of my printer,
if from Preview I select the menu option File > Print… the dialog that appears
is the Print Dialog. To set the output quality to high one would proceed as
follows:

1) If the dialog is small, press the down arrow near the printer's name to make
the dialog larger and show all the options.

2) About half way down the dialog is a drop down sitting on a horizontal line.
Select "Print Settings" in this drop down.

3) A Resolution drop down now becomes visible. Select the highest number of
dots-per-inch (dpi) available. Mine for instance has 1200 dpi.

The above steps can be different in minor details for different brands of
printers, but you may be able to get the general idea from this and find the
equivalent setting in your printer.

Cheers,
Carlo

Sent from my iPad