I'll let you know if I can source any "old" MacMini's tomorrow Ronni when I
check with the wholesalers... :o)
Maybe we'll be "behind the times" with some technology...lol. :o)

Yeh Lion download is all over the place. Went from 4 hours to 6 hours to 8
hours down to 2 hours up to 4 hours, down to 3hours and on and on.
Gotta love "fast internet" in Australia,..lol (ducks for cover).

Oh, I saw that in August you can buy a USB drive from Apple with Lion on for
about $69USD (I think I read). So that way you can have it on a media drive
if you a) want it b) have poor internet etc,...
Read that on the rumour site.

And the MacBook (White) has been discontinued.

And,...the "new" 27" LED looks nice. It has one Thunderbolt port,
Firewire800, 3 USB2 ports, Gigabit Ethernet.
How would your 17" laptop be then,..you can have 2 external 27" monitors
connected to it! Lol.
And makes it "handy" for the MacBook Air. Connect that sucker to the
monitor, you got all the ports! Lol.

Hmmm....I think you said you wanted to buy me one of those for Christmas as
a thank you :o) (I'll take it early,..thanks) LOL. Oh well, wishful
thinking,...hehe :)

Sorry,..gotta stop rambling again,..lol

Kind regards
Daniel

On 20/7/11 10:32 PM, "Ronda Brown" <ro...@mac.com> wrote:

> [...]
> little ole Mac Mini ;-)
>
> Cheers,
> Ronni who will wait to download Lion tomorrow, or the next day, or the day
> after :-)
> Then I'll install it on another drive, not my work MBP.
>
> Sent from Ronni's iPad
>
> On 20/07/2011, at 10:11 PM, Daniel Kerr <wa...@macwizardry.com.au> wrote:
>

>> Hi Carlo
>>
>> Yes, I've been weighing that up with the new Pegasus range of drives. I
>> quite like the 4 or 6 bay one. Don't think I can afford it just yet though.
>> :) Not sure I could sneak $1600 past the wife :o) lol
>> Plus, the exercise of getting off the couch is good. If I have to go back
>> and forward then it's helpful. If I just had to sit there,...well,...lol :)
>> Mind you,..it's not like I get time anymore to watch that many DVD's. I'
>> like the idea of having access to them when working. So I had thought about
>> that for a while.....
>>
>> Plus,...the dread of ripping 600 DVD's is a worry.
>> I tell you what,..you rip all my collection for me, and I'll finally agree
>> that we don't need a DVD drive. Sounds fair to me :o)
>> And the SuperDrive,...just "something else hanging off it". I want it
>> "Streamlined". :o)
>>
>> Oh, and what's this Travel thing you talk about??? Travel? Um,.I think I
>> remember that. It's with that thing called,..um,..let me look it up
>> again,...oh yeh. Holi-something. Holimay? Holiday? That was it,..holiday.
>> :o)
>>
>> Oh, don't worry about watching the Tour de France. I can tell you who
>> wins.... The guy in the red shirt.
>>
>> Ok, enough rambling for me,...back to work. Data transfer and erasing to
>> do,...
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 20/7/11 10:01 PM, "cm" <cm200...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> I am up watching the Tour de France on my iPad and keeping abreast of the
>>> exciting Apple releases on my MacBook Pro so I find it impossible not to put
>>> an oar. :-D
>>>
>>> One solution would be to get an external Superdrive with the MacMini. They
>>> are
>>> available on the Apple Store for AUS$89. Alternatively you could get a large
>>> capacity external thunderbolt drive and rip your DVD collection. Depending
>>> on
>>> the resolution you choose you could fit your entire collection on a few
>>> terabytes of disk storage. That would mean they would all be searchable in
>>> iTunes and you wouldn't even have to get off your couch to select a new
>>> movie.
>>> Also your movies would be spared degradation of the physical medium. Apart
>>> from that when you travel, you could select some favourites from you
>>> collection and put them on your iPad or MacBook to watch on the journey.
>>>
>>> Sorry, but I couldn't let that full toss go through to the keeper. :-)

---