I have been reading what you have all been saying about media centres with
interest :)

I used to have a 12 TB raid, Nice LCD TV, high end receiver and speakers.  I
digitised about half of my DVD's and had those
on the raid.  One day I sat down and thought have I watched TV or any of those
DVD's again and realised I had not SO.

Sold the TV, raid and the receiver, still have the speakers but they might go
next :)

What I now do is:

All my movies are on bare drives backed up twice and indexed, if I want a movie
I just put the bare drive into the caddy and
copy the movie on to the 27" iMac.  For TV I do have a USB eye TV stick but not
have used that in months either.

So we have no TV but 3 Mac's sometime we watch things together but most often
not and I find we are all watching
something different!

Hope that is of interest?

Roger