On 20/07/2011, at 10:50 AM, Merv Bond wrote:

> Sorry, first version (timed at 10.29 am), of this question had a 10 where
> there should have been a 9.
> Try again.
>
> I have an old 'lamp stand' iMac PowerPC G4 with 512MB Ram running 10.2.8 and
> when required for games such as Zoombinies, 9.2.2
> The HD is only 38.15GB and has only 5.69GB available.
> If I clean out some files and get at least 10GB available could I install
> 10.4, leaving 9.2.2 untouched and still available when required?
> Merv
> --
> The whole psychology of modern disquiet is linked with the sudden
> confrontation with space-time. (Teilhard de Chardin, 'The Phenomenon of Man')

Yes, upgrading your Mac OS X version will have no effect on Classic or any of
its applications. Is this computer doing any other important work? It might be
worth uninstalling Mac OS X altogether if disk space is at a premium.

FileMaker Pro Solutions Developer
Perth, Western Australia
Phone (618) 9332 6482    Mob 0403 046 948