I'm finding the search facility for the Lion version of Mail very unreliable,
as in not returning matching messages when it should be. I do have a fairly
large accumulation of messages these days, but wasn't a problem with Snow
Leopard.

I'm wondering if others have found this, or is it a function of me running 10.7
on a MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (must be 4 to 5 years old by now),
which is now considerably more sluggish after moving from Snow Leopard to Lion.

Cheers, Steven