Hi Carlo

It might be comforting to some to hear that post-Lion sluggishness isn't
expected to be the norm, but it's definitely the case with my MBP, and a quick
web search of something like 'lion sluggish' indicates it's not an issue
isolated to me. Agree that initial TM backups and indexing will slow machine,
but I'm talking some days post Lion update, indexing well and truly over (even
though I did again in an attempt to try solve the Mail problem) and post-Lion
TM backups being no different to pre-Lion TM backups, ie. past the initial
post-Lion backup.

Delays caused by (presumably) autosave were noticeable to start with, ie.
spinning beach balls for several seconds now and again, particular when using
Mail, but that seems to have disappeared. Though if I had to pick a use when
sluggishness was most noticeable, I'd pick Mail. No stopclock measurements mind
you, just feel.

The changes I'm referring to are more the cosmetic changes, which are obviously
subjective. Again Mail springs to mind as an example of cosmetic aspects being
same or worse, even a little bland, but definitely no wow factor improvement
aesthetically. At least not over and above what was, and maybe that's part of
it .... how do you improve that which is already excellent?

Not all negative ... Launchpad looks nice (not quite sure what it's got over
accessing apps via having the Applications folder in the Dock, but nice to have
options), and Mission Control is terrific. On the whole I remain ho hum about
Lion, though that's when compared to Snow Leopard - OSX still walks all over
its competitors.

Cheers, Steven

>>> Ronni