I've been having similar problems with recent upgrades. I cannot use the 1P
shortcut Cmd\ to enter Bankwest, whereas I've never had problems in the past.
Like Jane, I can use work-arounds without too much trouble.The shortcut works
on other websites but not for Bankwest.

Using Safari V. 5.1 (6534.50) with extensions, including beta, loaded; 1P V.
3.7.1 (build 31089). 1P updates daily.

Vlad James
wireless (NetComm 3G21WB)
27" iMac 2.8 GHz i5 8GB