Hi, my daughter is having a problem with her MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2
Duo, 10.6.8, no additional memory added, it will not start up by pressing the
start up button. I had a look at the web help and tried the recommended fixes.

Looked at the contacts, tried another power source, checked the battery
indicator - all lights on green. Still nothing.

Then went down the list to resetting the System Management Controller SMC and
pressed Shift Control Option on the LHS along with the Start button, released
them and waited 5 seconds and pressed the start button, still nothing.

After this I checked the battery indicator and there was nothing (?), looked at
the light on the charger charging fine, hooked up another charger charging
fine. Put the other charger back on its MBP and it worked fine.

So am back to the same problem press the start up button and nothing whatsoever
happens, at the start it appeared as it the battery was fully charged, but now
without doing anything it appears totally discharged.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt