Thanks Stuart.

He bought it over the counter at a local Dick Smith store.   The "Tech-sperts"
I think they call themselves. This should test that little promotional title!

Whilst these are Apple products I am trying to load, I suspect the fundamental
problem is the HP computer and Windows 7 running 64bit. Unless one of our
> go into your
> friendly "apple" service and support consultants (ie they are independent
> consultants that provide support for apple products) or Apple reseller
> stores.
are experienced with both, I feel like this will fall into the cracks and be
lost in the deep mire that is Windows problem solving.

Tim