On 06/11/2011, at 8:57 AM, Rod Blitvich wrote:

> Dear WAMUGers
> please can you tell me if i can purchase one copy of Lion on the app store
> and:
>
> a) am i then entitled to install it on any mac i own?
> license agreement info 2B part i says "... to download 1 copy of the apple
> software... directly on each apple computer... that you own”
>
> b) Does it download as an installer in a form that i can copy to my other
> home mac and install with?

Hi blitto,

The simplest way to avoid re-downloading Lion on all your Mac computers is to
simply copy the Lion Installation app, that you download from one computer, to
all the other computers.

The installation app is just downloaded into the /Applications folder and is
named Mac OS X Installer.
Simply copy this file to your other computers and run it for the Lion Installer
– it will be just as if you had downloaded it onto all of your Macs.

PLEASE NOTE: The Lion Installer does actually delete this file once it starts
the Lion Installation so make sure you copy the Installation files before you
run the installation otherwise you will have to re-download it all.

I purchased a copy of Lion on the Mac App Store, how many computers can I
install it on?

The software license agreement (SLA) permits you to “download, install, use and
run” one copy of Lion on all Mac’s that you “own or control”. So effectively if
you own 10 Mac computers you can purchase just one copy of Lion from the Mac
App Store and you are good to install it on all 10 of those.  Below is the
actual section from the SLA relevant to this question:

“2B(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one
(1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each Apple-branded computer running
Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server (“Mac Computer”) that you
own or control;”

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)