As always - you are a Gem Ronni!
ta
blitto

On Sun Nov  6  9:26 , Ronda Brown <ro...@mac.com> sent:

>On 06/11/2011, at 8:57 AM, Rod Blitvich wrote:
>
>> Dear WAMUGers
>> please can you tell me if i can purchase one copy of Lion on the app store
>> and:
>>
>> a) am i then entitled to install it on any mac i own?
>> license agreement info 2B part i says "... to download 1 copy of the apple
>> software... directly on each apple computer... that
you own”

>> b) Does it download as an installer in a form that i can copy to my other
>> home mac and install with?
>
>Hi blitto,
>
>The simplest way to avoid re-downloading Lion on all your Mac computers is to
>simply copy the Lion Installation app, that you
download from one computer, to all the other computers.

>The installation app is just downloaded into the /Applications folder and is
>named Mac OS X Installer.
>Simply copy this file to your other computers and run it for the Lion
>Installer – it will be just as if you had downloaded it onto
all of your Macs.

>PLEASE NOTE: The Lion Installer does actually delete this file once it starts
>the Lion Installation so make sure you copy the
Installation files before you run the installation otherwise you will have to
re-download it all.

>I purchased a copy of Lion on the Mac App Store, how many computers can I
>install it on?
>
>The software license agreement (SLA) permits you to “download, install, use
>and run” one copy of Lion on all Mac’s that you
“own or control”. So effectively if you own 10 Mac computers you can purchase
just one copy of Lion from the Mac App Store
and you are good to install it on all 10 of those.  Below is the actual section
from the SLA relevant to this question:

>“2B(i) to download, install, use and run for personal, non-commercial use, one
>(1) copy of the Apple Software directly on each
Apple-branded computer running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Server (“Mac Computer”) that you own or
control;”