Hi Tim,

> 3. On return to Australia, I updated to OS5, updated Pages on the desktop,
> iPhone and iPad, and started using iCloud.

So all the Pages documents were created on the iPad before you had iCloud
syncing setup?
Did you sync the Pages Documents to your Mac as soon as you returned home to
your computer and BEFORE setting up iCloud?

You won’t see these Pages Documents in iCloud if you didn’t.

DON’T delete the Pages Documents until we have time to sort out what has
happened and ways to restore the documents.

I haven’t had time to read your post thoroughly, as soon as I’m able I’ll get
back to you and try to give any assistance I can.
Just don’t delete the Pages documents because once deleted they are gone!