Hi Gary,

In your Wife’s User Account, first check everything is up to date.
1. Then “Repair Permissions”
2. Restart into her Account
3. Then “Delete the Safari’s Cache database file as I explained in previous
email.
Delete Safari's Cache database file.
~/Library/Caches/com.apple.safari/.  Delete the Cache.db file.
4. Restart into her Account
5. Repair Permissions again.

See if Safari is faster, if not there might be something else going on in her
User Account.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)