Hi Michael,

Only you see that photo. Its your profile photo selected when you set up the
Mac.
It appears on your vCard in Address Book.
The photo is not attached to the mail and the person receiving the mail does
not see it.

It's purely a display thing within Mail for your benefit.
So unless you particularly dislike seeing the picture yourself there's no real
necessity to remove it.

Sent from Ronni's iPad