Hi Peter,

Address Book seems to insist that there be an image on your personal card, but
there is a work-around to get rid of it as follows:

1) Got to any card other than your own personal card and temporarily mark it as
your personal card
   Address Book Menu > Card > Make This My Card

2) Select your real personal card and delete the image
   Address Book Menu > Card > Clear Custom Image

3) Finally mark this same real personal card as your personal card
   Address Book Menu > Card > Make This My Card

Cheers,
Carlo