Hi Michael,

Sorry, I missed your email coming in as I was working on other WAMUG plus
Clients questions, all hitting my mailboxes at the same time :-)

With your "My Card (Me)” you can restrict what information shows when you
distribute your vCard via email to others.

Restrict Private Information:

If you don't want to share all of your contact information with everyone you
send your vCard to, you can choose to keep certain parts private.
Go to the Address Book Preferences and check "Enable Private Me Card”.
Now when you Edit your own card, you can use the check boxes to choose which
information is exported as your vCard.

I prefer having My Card (Me) as it can be quite useful as other Applications,
Safari & iChat in particular, will use that information in various ways, such
as filling in forms online, accessing your email address, and displaying your
photo!

There you go “displaying your photo” in Mail is now explained to all on WAMUG
Mailing list.
Because I have my Ronni Brown Card in Address Book set as “My Card” (Me) & I
have a photo, my 'Mug Shot' appears in Lion Mail.
I can restrict anything else I don’t wish to display, but the photo (Mug Shot)
you can’t (unless you delete it).

This is new to Lion Mail, in Snow Leopard Mail the photo did not show.

Thanks Tim for your comment:

The photo is Ronni, but unfortunately it is a younger version of Ronni … not a
current version (as people who have met me know) ;-)