Hi Jewels,

So Daniel's research has highlighted the issue which seems to be causing the
problem.

Is your computer PPC or Intel. If it is PPC then you are stuck at Leopard
and would probably have to look at one of the third party solutions Daniel
mentions, eg Spark.

If it is Intel then you can upgrade to Snow Leopard - Apple still sells Snow
Leopard for $39 (free shipping)
<http://store.apple.com/au/product/MC573Z/A?fnode=MTY1NDAzOA>
Note that, as I found out when I tried to buy at the Perth AppleStore, you
can only buy this from the online store!

If you can run Snow Leopard I would definitely recommend it - you won't see
big changes (like the SL to Lion transition) but it just works "better".

However some of the posts seem to suggest this problem was mainly with PPC
macs running Leopard - so maybe you are PPC also. You can always try Spark
(it is free) several people seem to report it curing the problem.

Good luck.

Cheers

Neil
--
Neil R. Houghton
Albany, Western Australia

on 15/2/12 1:25 AM, Daniel Kerr at wa...@macwizardry.com.au wrote:

> Hi Jewels

Yes, saw that come in after my forward of the other one. Wasn't
> sure if you'd seen it, so just in case,.. All good.
After flicking over a few
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3233475?start=0&tstart=0>
<http:
> //www.motherboardpoint.com/re-aluminum-keyboard-screwy-mapping-t233096.html>
<
> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3365609?start=0&tstart=0>
<https://discus
> sions.apple.com/thread/3440453?start=0&tstart=0>
They do seem to suggest that
> on some machines with Leopard (10.5.8) the key mapping doesn't always "match"
> and gives differing results.

One solution was to download a free program
> called Spark and remap the
> keys
<http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14352/spark>
(Amongst other programs,
> plus that one does more as well)

Apparently when the machine was upgraded to
> 10.6.8 the keyboard did what it was meant to do in relation to the keys.

So,
> not sure if that really helps or "solves" the problem as such, but gives a bit
> more idea.
I would have read more, but the eyes are tiring after a long day
> and I'll start seeing double soon...lol.
Better finish the other work, before
> I fall asleep at the desk,...lol. Then Ronni will tell me off :) LOL.

Kind
> regards
Daniel
---