Ah yes, a Mac mini of course. When I glanced at the email trail I saw Ronni's
specs by mistake and not yours. In any case if there is no problem with Snow
Leopard then your internet connection is likely not the problem.

Have you had OS X Lion installed for long? There are a number of processes,
Spotlight indexing in particular, that run for a some hours after the install.
These can slow down the response of the whole system.

Is your Mac mini connected by Wifi to your router or is it an ethernet cable?
Also how is your Macbook connected to the router?

Cheers,
Carlo