Hi People who have been following this subject,

We have exhausted every way of making Mail Text larger, but please bear with me
just for one last response.

I have been annoyed for years with incoming mail from Windows Users showing
much smaller than other incoming mail.
I actually get annoyed that Windows Users even email me… (only kidding Wendy at
work, who uses a Mac in her ‘Real Life' ;-))

Well, today I was determined to solve this annoying problem, and I have
achieved what I set out to achieve.
My eyes are not as good as they used to be, (it’s not anything to do with ‘Age’
Daniel)… it’s spending anything up to 20 hours a day working on computer
screens. So I like my email font at size16…

The Solution:

The tiny font problem usually involves HTML mail coming from Windows users (why
don’t they get a Mac to email me)!
Fortunately, you can set Mail to have a minimum that it will use for HTML
messages... but you have to go to the Terminal for it.

1. Quit Mail
2. Open Terminal.app
3. Copy & Paste in the following command:

defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 16

Note that you can use any size you like, it does not have to be 16.  For eyes
that can see well, probably 12.
If you don't like it, run the command again with a different number.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.3 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)