Hi all,
firstly, massive disappointment over demise of 17" MacBookPro...
and now from iFixit quote:

iFixit found changes to the new MacBook Pro make it ” the least repairable
laptop” its taken apart, giving it a 1/10 repair score:"

and
 some of the “highlights” of the tear down detailing the difficulties with
repairability:

* Just like in the iPhone 4/4S (and the MacBook Air), proprietary Pentalobe
screws prevent folks from accessing the machine’s internals. That means you
need a special screwdriver just to remove the bottom cover.
* As in the MacBook Air, the RAM is soldered to the logic board. Max out at
16GB now, or forever hold your peace—you can’t upgrade.

* The proprietary SSD isn’t upgradeable either (yet), as it is similar but not
identical to the one in the Air. It is a separate daughtercard, and we’re
hopeful we can offer an upgrade in the near future.

* The lithium-polymer battery is glued rather than screwed into the case, which
increases the chances that it’ll break during disassembly. The battery also
covers the trackpad cable, which tremendously increases the chance that a user
will shear the cable in the battery removal process.

* The display assembly is completely fused, and there’s no glass protecting it.
If anything ever fails inside the display, you will need to replace the entire
(extremely expensive) assembly.

During my time, on my 4th MacBook Pro, I had new motherboards, various
replacement batterie, HD replacements and HD & ram upgrades (thanks Daniel),

so will you need to get a refurbished machine as one part fails?

Brian