Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly, so post back if what I type
below is not want you want please.

You can 'Copy' iPhoto images over a Network.

With the Macs connected to the same network launch iPhoto on each Mac, then go
to iPhoto’s preference window, and click the Sharing tab.

Enable the 'Look For Shared Photos', 'Share My Photos' &  'Share entire
Library'  options on each Mac.
Under the Shared entry in iPhoto’s Library pane you should see the name of your
other Mac.

Now select your other Mac, navigate to the pictures you want to copy to your
Mac, and select them.
Drag them to iPhoto’s Photos entry on your Mac. They’ll be added to that Mac’s
iPhoto library.
Alternatively you can drag them into an album on that Mac and they’ll be added
to the album.

You can also import entire albums from one Mac to another. To do that, just
select the album you want to import from the remote Mac and drag it to the
Photos entry on the Mac you’re sitting in front of. It will import as an
untitled event.

Just Control- (Right) click on one of the images, choose Show Event, and you’ll
be taken to the event that contains these images.
You can now click on the Untitled Event entry at the top of the window and
rename the event to something that’s easier for you to find.

Once you import the event/photos you want onto your iMac, connect your iPod,
and select the photos you wish to sync to it.

17" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Quad-Core i7 “Thunderbolt"
2.3GHz / 8GB / 750GB @ 7200rpm HD

OS X 10.7.4 Lion
Windows 7 Ultimate (under sufferance)