Hi Chris,

Yes you would have to upgrade Cath's iBook to OS X 10.5.8 & iTunes 10.

How was Cath's iPhone setup, was it connected to your iTunes on your computer?

Anyway, You can sync two iPhones to the same machine, each with their own apps,
music, media, etc.

You configure the sync for each separate device (iPhone) so that you can have
the exact content that you want on each device. You make the selections in each
of the tabs in iTunes and sync, and iTunes will remember the configuration for
each device when you sync them again.

 iTunes will manage each phone independently, so you can have different  data
backed up from each iPhone.

Sent from Ronni's iPad