Do they give an error message when tried to be used?
It could be they're treated as "little applications" that don't pass
Gatekeeper. You could try System Preferences -Security and "allow all"
(applications) to see if it lets you use them then.
(sorry not very clear instructions as not near computer at moment.

Otherwise possibly another type of coding difference.

Thats one quick thought worth a try.
Will think more later when free if that doesn't help :)

Kind regards
Daniel

Sent from my iPhone 4s

---