Ok Matt,

Something is seriously wrong with the Library then, it is possibly in the loop
of upgrading like it did in Snow Leopard and I got you to delete files so the
upgrade could complete.

A last resort before deleting any files.
Download iPhoto Library Manager  <http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/>
and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in
the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows,
books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and
keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one
untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you
can simply return to your old one.

I have to sign off from WAMUG support as I must get my Clients work finished &
prepare for tomorrow.

Sent from Ronni's iPad