Hi Muggers

I have a couple of questions I thought someone might know the answer to:

I have been working with a downloaded demo of LR4.1 with my photoshop CS5
learning how to use both together with some of my photos. Each time LR4 loads a
screen appears asking if I want to buy a serial number, which I actually do as
the software is just amazing. This directs to an Adobe online store which asks
me to select LR4 into the cart. It says nothing about a serial number so now Im
a bit confused. How do I actually get a serial number so that I have a legal
copy?

As I have been use photoshop and LR my computer slows down substantially (with
the coloured spinning wheel) and Im wondering if the 8gb or Ram is enough? I
imagine that it is not, but also thought I may have the prefs of PS and / or LR
set wrong? Can ram in this model mac be upgraded to 16 or more gb and would it
make a difference?

Im using a 2.2ghz i7 MBPro running 10.6.8

Many thanks for any advice

Kind regards

Chris

Christopher L.K. Burton