Discussions regarding speed tests brought on this rant.

I have barely satisfactory download speeds much to the time. But when the
traffic increases, the speeds are woeful. For example: On Sept 19, 9:54 PM
download speed 0.09 Mbps. upload speed 0.00 Mbps. When I complain to BigPond,
they send the usual form letter, which includes the most infuriating excuse for
slow network speed. They cite "user numbers" as a likely reason for a slow
connection. Of course, they are correct, as I have better speeds when the
numbers thin out.

But … it's BigPond that signs up the numbers. It's BigPond that takes the fees
from those numbers. Then, BigPond has the gall to use those numbers to explain
why I've got slow speeds. It's BigPond that controls those numbers, not me.

I maintain that the ISP must restrict the numbers if they are to meet their
contractual obligations to users. I, and other users like me, expect a fair go,
not baloney excuses based on corporate greed.

Vlad James
Sawyers Valley
wireless (NetComm 3G21WB)
27" iMac 2.8 GHz i5 8GB