Ronni,

Thank you for advising me of the firmware update
<http://support.netcommwireless.com/product/3g/3g21wb> BigPond should have so
advised me.

I followed the firmware update instructions, but I am not sure the update was
effective, as I did not receive an acknowledgement to that effect. The
instructions were not as clear as I would have liked, what with all the
references to Windows. Nevertheless, I noted these changes on re-connecting:

Safari Version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2) is very lively, much more so than I have seen
in many months. A vast improvement in browser speed.
Speedtest.net results:  Download speed 1.50 Mbps  Upload speed 0.61 Mbps at 6
PM, at time when it has usually been much slower.

In a word, the connection is better. However, I will be looking for a different
ISP. The last time I did this, BigPond was the only choice.

With thanks,
Vlad