Thanks Ronni,

Ambrosia SnapzPro (trial) was only installed last week and this problem has
been continuing since I first set up the new MacBook Pro earlier this year. I
have anyway uninstalled Soundflower and what I can find of SnapzPro but the
issue still remains.

Never mind. A new day might generate a new idea. Probably I may just act on
Daniel's comment and "live with it", but really I do want my new laptop to be
working perfectly.

Reg