Hi, Rod,

I don’t have any proven solutions, just a suggestion that you reinstall ID.

I have similar problems with Photoshop CS5 (I don’t use CS6 -  don’t like it).
CS5 is steadily losing functionality: it now crashes instantly if I try to
print something, and there are a few other little glitches. I am about to take
my own advice and reinstall it.

The Adobe forums used to be a good source for solving problems, but it is now
essentially useless.

Good luck,
Pat