Hi Chris,

In my Tutorial that I sent to you Offlist 'Prepare for Mavericks' -
On Page 2: How To Check Your Applications Are Compatible with Mavericks

 "Any items labelled “Classic” or “PowerPC” will not work with Mavericks.
ONLY Universal & Intel will run in Mavericks OS X 10.9"

I also mentioned to you in that email  offlist - "Always best to use the
uninstaller that came with the Application. Always check on the Applications
website to see if they have an uninstaller or instructions how to correctly
uninstall the app. If the application does not have an uninstaller & the
website does not give uninstall instructions... you can use AppZapper or
AppCleaner... sometimes they don't get rid of everything but better than just
dragging an App to the trash."

So yes, uninstall any "Classic" & "Power PC" applications and if you have
applications you don't use anymore you might as well uninstall them. But first
check to see if there is an uninstaller or uninstall instructions for the
applications.

The Tutorial - section C) Clean Up your Computer