Hi Ronni

I would really like to thank you very much for your advice and tutorials on the
migration from my mbpro to the new imac.

I was able to complete the migration process yesterday without a hitch (taking
just over 5hrs using the thunderbolt cable), and I am so impressed with the
imac; what a great piece of technology...although I think I need a bigger desk!!

I recall that you had mentioned that using Time machine as a very good backup
system and i would like to try it (I havnt used it before), however Im not sure
how to begin as I already use three external 3tb drives which each contain
about 2tb of all my data and images etc, being more than what I have on my imac
(about 500gb from my MBPro).

I thought that I could use one of these external 3tb drives and begin by doing
a back-up of the imac on it, and want to know if I should firstly erase that
drive and start from scratch with the backup, then as I add more files to my
imac (from the other drives), Time machine would back that up? Or, do I just
attach it to the imac and let time machine work out which files need to be
upgraded on the external drive?

I will have a look online and I guess apple also has some resources?

Many thanks for any advice

Chris

Christopher L.K. Burton
Director